In this article, I’ll provide you example sentences with “Scold” and another word for Scold. Explore the different ways to express the concept of “Scold” through examples.
In this blog post, we will explore the meaning and uses of the word “Scold.” As a common term used in language, understanding its origin and history can provide insights into its modern usage. Let’s delve into its synonyms and then explore a list of 20 short sentences that showcase the diverse ways “Scold” can be used in context.
All these example sentences with Scold are verified, using acknowledged sources for their genuineness before being enlisted. Source: Your Info Master.
Origin of “Scold”
The word “Scold” dates back to Middle English and has its roots in Old Norse and Old High German. Initially used as a noun to describe a person who habitually nags or finds fault in others, the term evolved to become a verb, referring to the act of rebuking or reprimanding someone sharply.
What is another word for Scold?
Here is the list of another word for Scold:
- Bawl out
- Rail at
- Dress down
- Tell off
Example Sentences with Scold
Here is the list of example sentences with Scold:
- My mother will scold me if I forget to do my chores.
- The teacher decided to scold the students for their unruly behavior.
- When he broke the vase, his sister couldn’t resist scolding him.
- The manager had to scold the employees for their lack of punctuality.
- Instead of scolding him, she offered gentle words of encouragement.
- If you scold him too harshly, he might become defensive.
- She didn’t want to scold her friend, but she had to point out the mistake.
- The supervisor didn’t scold him in front of everyone, choosing a private conversation instead.
- He could feel the urge to scold rising within him, but he controlled his temper.
- As parents, we should scold our children constructively, not with anger.
- The politician scolded his opponents for spreading false information.
- The coach scolded the team for their lack of effort during the game.
- She couldn’t help but scold her dog when it chewed her favorite shoes.
- The sergeant scolded the soldiers for their careless mistake.
- After the argument, she felt guilty for scolding her sister.
- I will scold you if you keep making the same mistakes.
- Scolding won’t solve the problem; we need to communicate calmly.
- She raised her voice to scold him, but then she realized it wouldn’t help.
- Scolding him only made him more determined to prove himself right.
- The parents decided not to scold their child for the minor accident.
Scold” is a versatile word used to describe admonishing, reproaching, or criticizing someone’s actions. Its origin traces back through centuries, and its usage has evolved to include both formal and informal contexts. Understanding its synonyms and exploring example sentences can provide a comprehensive understanding of its versatility in everyday language. Remember, effective communication involves more than just scolding; it requires empathy, understanding, and compassion.
If you enjoy our list of “Example Sentences with Scold,” it would mean a lot to me if you could help spread it by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on social media platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you so much!
Have you read “Another Word for Scold“? If so, which word do you prefer the most? Leave your answer in the comment box!
Recap of what we just learned
- Origin of “Scold”
- Another word for Scold
- Example Sentences with Scold
Here are some more lists for you!
- What is another word for Scoop? | Example Sentences with Scoop
- What is another word for Score? | Example Sentences with Score
- What is another word for Scramble? | Example Sentences with Scramble
- What is another word for Scrap? | Example Sentences with Scrap
- What is another word for Scrape? | Example Sentences with Scrape
- What is another word for Scream? | Example Sentences with Scream
- What is another word for Scrub? | Example Sentences with Scrub