Hello, I’m Sophia. In this article, I’ll provide you Abide definition, meaning, synonyms, antonyms, and sentences. Let’s explore various ways to express the concept of “Abide” through examples.
? In the intricate tapestry of language, certain words carry a sense of timelessness, weaving through history and transcending eras. One such word that resonates with enduring significance is “Abide.” With roots that trace back through Old English and Middle English, this word has traversed centuries to communicate a sense of steadfastness and endurance. Let’s unravel the layers of meaning that make up this venerable term.
All of these example sentences containing “Abide” as well as Abide definition have been thoroughly verified using reputable sources to ensure their authenticity before being included. Source: Your Info Master.
At its essence, Abide signifies the act of enduring, remaining steadfast, or persisting in the face of challenges. It encapsulates a sense of patient resilience and unwavering commitment.
? The word Abide holds the core meaning of standing firm and remaining resolute, even when confronted with difficulties or adversity.
Here’s a compilation of synonyms that resonate with the spirit of Abide:
- Endure: To persist or withstand trials over time.
- Persist: To continue steadfastly despite obstacles.
- Sustain: To maintain or uphold, often in the face of challenges.
- Persevere: To persistently pursue a goal or withstand difficulties.
- Bear: To carry on despite hardships or burdens.
Contrasting the unwavering stance of Abide, here are antonyms that convey a different perspective:
- Falter: To waver or hesitate in the face of challenges.
- Quit: To give up or abandon when faced with adversity.
- Surrender: To yield or give in to challenges or difficulties.
- Abandon: To leave behind or forsake in the midst of hardships.
- Recede: To withdraw or retreat from challenges.
Example Sentences with Abide
Here is a list of example sentences with Abide:
- In times of uncertainty, she chose to abide by her principles, no matter the odds.
- The old oak tree seemed to abide through generations, a silent witness to changing times.
- His commitment to his craft allowed him to abide even amidst setbacks and failures.
- Despite the storm’s fury, the lighthouse continued to abide, guiding ships to safety.
- The community’s strength was in their ability to abide together, supporting one another.
- The ancient traditions still abide in this village, passed down from ancestors.
- Their friendship was built to abide, enduring the tests of time and distance.
- She resolved to abide by her resolution, even when temptation beckoned.
- The old fortress abides atop the hill, a testament to the kingdom’s history.
- The teachings of the wise sage continue to abide in the hearts of those who listen.
- His kindness and empathy were qualities that would abide in people’s memories.
- The values of honesty and integrity are ones we should all strive to abide by.
- The ancient code of honor still abides in this knightly order.
- Despite the passage of time, the bond between the two remained strong and abiding.
- The artisan’s dedication to craftsmanship was evident in the lasting beauty of his work, a true example of abiding quality.
- The peace treaty aimed to create an environment where harmony and cooperation could abide.
- The mantra of “hope and resilience” continued to abide in the hearts of survivors.
- The laws of nature abide, governing the universe with precision and order.
- Even when faced with adversity, their spirits remained unbroken, abiding in hope.
- The legacy of his wisdom and guidance would abide as a beacon for future generations.
? In the vast expanse of language, the word Abide stands as a timeless reminder of the human spirit’s capacity to endure, to stand strong in the face of adversity, and to persist in the pursuit of what is just and true. Like a steady lighthouse guiding ships through turbulent waters, it illuminates the path of resilience and unwavering commitment.
If you found the “Abide definition” helpful, please consider sharing it with your friends via email or on social media platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you very much!
Did you read the “example sentences with Abide“? If yes, which sentence do you prefer the most? Please share your response in the comment box below!
Recap of what we just learned
- Origin of “Abide”
- Abide Definition
- Abide Meaning
- Abide Synonyms
- Abide Antonyms
- Sentences for Abide
- Example Sentences with Abide
Here are some more lists for you!
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Various Types of Rabbits
- Beyond the Surface: Exploring the Hidden Meanings of Emoticons
- What is another word for Sanctuary? | Example Sentences with Sanctuary
- What is another word for Sarcastic? | Example Sentences with Sarcastic
- What is another word for Savage? | Example Sentences with Savage
- What is another word for Scar? | Example Sentences with Scar
- What is another word for Scarce? | Example Sentences with Scarce