In this article, I’ll provide you example sentences with “Scarce” and another word for Scarce. Explore the different ways to express the concept of “Scarce” through examples.
In this blog post, we will explore the meaning and uses of the word “scarce.” Scarce is a term that describes something in limited quantity or availability. Let’s delve into the origin and history of the word before discovering some synonyms and example sentences to better understand its usage.
All these example sentences with Scarce are verified, using acknowledged sources for their genuineness before being enlisted. Source: Your Info Master.
Origin of “Scarce”
The word “scarce” has its roots in the Old French word “escars,” meaning “rare” or “infrequent.” Over time, the term evolved into the Middle English word “scars,” retaining its essence of describing something as limited or insufficient in quantity.
What is another word for Scarce?
Here is the list of another word for Scarce:
- Hard to find
- Thin on the ground
Example Sentences with Scarce
Here is the list of example sentences with Scarce:
- Fresh water became scarce during the drought.
- In the desert, vegetation is scarce due to the arid climate.
- The antique shop displayed a collection of scarce artifacts.
- During the pandemic, medical supplies were scarce in some regions.
- The endangered species is becoming scarce in the wild.
- He managed to find a scarce parking spot in the crowded city.
- The library’s collection of rare books is scarce and highly sought after.
- The remote village had scarce access to modern amenities.
- As winter approached, daylight hours became scarce.
- The team celebrated their victory with a scarce amount of champagne.
- The hikers struggled to find water in the scarce landscape.
- In times of crisis, food supplies can become scarce.
- The artist’s paintings are scarce and valuable in the art market.
- During the economic downturn, job opportunities were scarce.
- The archeological site yielded only a scarce number of artifacts.
- The documentary sheds light on the scarce resources available to the community.
- The teacher asked for volunteers, but responses were scarce.
- The CEO’s public appearances are scarce, making them highly anticipated.
- Despite the weather forecast, rain remained scarce throughout the day.
- The company announced a scarce supply of the latest product release.
In conclusion, the word “scarce” serves as a powerful descriptor of items or resources that are limited in quantity or availability. From rare books in a library to scarce water during a drought, the term is versatile in capturing the essence of scarcity. Through its historical evolution from Old French to Middle English, the word has maintained its relevance in modern English. Whether it’s used to describe endangered species, rare artifacts, or inadequate supplies, “scarce” remains an essential term in our vocabulary, highlighting the importance of valuing and managing limited resources efficiently.
If you enjoy our list of “Example Sentences with Scarce,” it would mean a lot to me if you could help spread it by emailing it to your friends or sharing it on social media platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you so much!
Have you read “Another Word for Scarce“? If so, which word do you prefer the most? Leave your answer in the comment box!
Recap of what we just learned
- Origin of “Scarce”
- Another word for Scarce
- Example Sentences with Scarce
Here are some more lists for you!
- What is another word for Scatter? | Example Sentences with Scatter
- What is another word for Scold? | Example Sentences with Scold
- What is another word for Scoop? | Example Sentences with Scoop
- What is another word for Score? | Example Sentences with Score
- What is another word for Scramble? | Example Sentences with Scramble
- What is another word for Scrap? | Example Sentences with Scrap
- What is another word for Scrape? | Example Sentences with Scrape