Hello, I’m Sophia. In this article, I’ll provide you Accept definition, meaning, synonyms, antonyms, and sentences. Let’s explore various ways to express the concept of “Accept” through examples.
Accept is a fundamental word in our daily lives, carrying a multitude of meanings and implications. Let’s dive into the definition, meanings, synonyms, antonyms, and explore this word through sentences.
All of these example sentences containing “Accept” as well as Accept definition have been thoroughly verified using reputable sources to ensure their authenticity before being included. Source: Your Info Master.
Accept has a rich history, originating from the Latin word “acceptare,” which means “to take willingly.” Throughout history, it has been used in various contexts, reflecting humanity’s evolving notions of consent, tolerance, and agreement.
Accept is a verb that signifies the act of willingly receiving something or acknowledging a proposition, idea, or situation. It implies agreement, consent, or a positive response to what is offered or presented.
Accept means to embrace, approve, or take in something willingly. It implies a willingness to include or agree with a person, idea, or condition. It’s a positive response indicating agreement.
Here is a compilation of Accept synonyms
- Embrace: To accept warmly or eagerly.
- Approve: To consent or agree to something.
- Receive: To take in or acknowledge something.
- Adopt: To accept and implement an idea or practice.
- Embrace: To welcome or accept with open arms.
- Assent: To agree or concur with a proposal.
- Concur: To agree or express the same opinion.
- Endorse: To support or approve of something formally.
- Consent: To give permission or agree.
- Admit: To acknowledge the truth or reality of something.
Here is a list of Accept antonyms:
- Reject: To refuse or decline something.
- Decline: To say no or refuse an offer.
- Deny: To assert that something is not true or valid.
- Disapprove: To express a negative opinion about.
- Refuse: To decline to accept something.
- Disallow: To forbid or prohibit.
- Resist: To oppose or refuse to yield.
- Repudiate: To reject the validity of something.
- Oppose: To be against or in conflict with.
- Dissent: To differ in opinion or reject a majority view.
Example Sentences with Accept
Here is a list of example sentences with Accept:
- I accept your apology.
- Please accept this gift.
- She couldn’t accept the truth.
- They will accept the invitation.
- He won’t accept defeat.
- Acceptance is key to peace.
- We accept the challenge.
- She accepted the award gracefully.
- It’s hard to accept failure.
- They accept diversity.
- Acceptance leads to growth.
- He accepted the offer eagerly.
- They accepted the terms.
- She accepts everyone as they are.
- Acceptance brings harmony.
- They accept responsibility.
- Can you accept change?
- He accepted the consequences.
- She accepts criticism gracefully.
- Acceptance is a virtue.
- They accept each other’s flaws.
- We accept your decision.
- Acceptance promotes understanding.
- They accept different perspectives.
- Acceptance is the first step to healing.
In conclusion, “accept” is a powerful word that symbolizes agreement, consent, and a willingness to embrace. It’s a word that encourages harmony, growth, and understanding in our interactions with the world and each other. So, don’t hesitate to accept new opportunities and ideas, and remember that acceptance can be a catalyst for positive change. Accept, embrace, and thrive!
If you found the “Accept definition” helpful, please consider sharing it with your friends via email or on social media platforms like Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook. Thank you very much!
Did you read the “example sentences with Accept“? If yes, which sentence do you prefer the most? Please share your response in the comment box below!
Recap of what we just learned
- Origin of “Accept”
- Accept Definition
- Accept Meaning
- Accept Synonyms
- Accept Antonyms
- Sentences for Accept
- Example Sentences with Accept
Here are some more lists for you!
- Accelerate Definition, Meaning, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentences
- Abundance Definition, Meaning, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentences
- Absolutely Definition, Meaning, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentences
- Absolute Definition, Meaning, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentences
- About Definition, Meaning, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentences
- Abide Definition, Meaning, Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentences
- A Comprehensive Guide to the Various Types of Rabbits